Picking up new position argument essay topics
The aim of a position paper is to generate support on a particular subject. It details the position on an issue and the rationale behind that position. This type of essay is based on facts that give your essay a solid foundation that you can build upon. When writing your paper you should:
- Support your position with evidence such as statistics, events or dates.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your position.
- Examine potential solutions and discuss implementation strategies.
- Validate your position using quotations from primary sources.
If you are finding it difficult to come up with a subject to base your paper upon here are some position argument essay topics to get you started.
- In what ways can the government reduce abortion without implementing new legislation?
- What effect does media coverage have on the elections?
- What is the difference between elected male and female’s officials?
- What is the importance of having an equal representation of gender and race in the political office?
- What is the evidence that religious persecution still exists?
- Do parents have the right to design what they want their children to look like?
- What are the arguments for and against putting your parents in a nursing home?
- Should colleges eradicate relying on ACT and SAT admissions scores?
- In what ways should the school system in the United States undergo reform?
- What are the reasons for American students graduating from high school without basic skills?
- What are the main differences between American and European students?
- To what extent should technology play a role in education?
- How can schools improve their teaching methods for students who do not speak English as a native language?
- Is there enough evidence to suggest that computers are transforming the thought process of human beings?
- Would it be economically beneficial for text books to be exchanged for online resources and iPads?
It is essential that you use these position essay topics to enhance your essay writing skills. Your teachers will never tell you what exactly is going to appear on your final examination but there is a high possibility that you may get a position argument essay. The more you practice the better you will become at writing them. You should aim to write a minimum of one essay per week so that you can truly master the skill of writing position essays.